Bypass the head and go straight to the heart.
The Hearing Distressing Voices Simulation is a groundbreaking, empathy-building experience which helps students, mental health professionals and first responders understand the challenges and strengths of people who experience psychosis.
The Hearing Distressing Voices Simulation Toolkits
These Digital Toolkits contain everything needed to run a Simulation. Each toolkit includes digital files for download:
- Presenter’s Manual and documents for printing
- Videos of Pat Deegan discussing the experience of Hearing Distressing Voices
- The Voices Soundtrack for use during the Simulation.
- A Supplemental Manual to support Facilitators in conducting Simulations virtually.
During the Simulation, participants listen to the included Voices Soundtrack using headphones and individual players. For your convenience, we also offer the MP3 players pre-loaded with the Soundtrack below.
For each Toolkit, we allow access for up to 6 people per organization.
Preloaded MP3 Players
Save time and hassle with our preloaded MP3 players. These convenient add-ons to the Toolkit are sold in quantities of 10 and come preloaded with the Simulation soundtrack.
Our Preloaded Mp3 players are a sub-set of the Hearing Voices Simulation Toolkit and are not meant to be used separately from it.
AGPTEK - 8GB Clip MP3
- Budget-friendly AND dependable
- Lightweight & wearable
- No screen
- Quality sound
- Straightforward navigation buttons
- Up to 10 hours battery life
Sandisk - 8GB ClipJam MP3
- Durable & dependable player
- Lightweight & wearable
- Deep rich sound quality
- Big bright readable screen
- Large navigation buttons
- Up to 18 hours battery life
Personal Medicine for Distressing Voices
After staff experience the Simulation, help prepare them with tools to directly support people who hear distressing voices.
This Guide can be self-directed or staff-supported. It contains:
- information about the experience of distressing voices
- workbook style exercises
- Personal Medicine Cards
- tracking tools
- reflection questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Hearing Distressing Voices Toolkit?
What do I get with the Toolkit?
What is the difference between MP3 players?
Are there bulk discounts available?
Do you accept purchase orders?
When should I expect my order?
Have a question about the Simulation? Need a purchase order?
We can help. Send us a note and we will be in touch.
Thank you Pat for allowing me to understand what a person goes through on a daily basis. I don't have sympathy. I have empathy.
- Mental Health Professional